Monday, December 21, 2009

The Jane Austen Handbook ~ By Margaret C. Sullivan (or, how I checked out one thing and thought it was another)


This is definitely a cute find.  I plan on lending it to Jocelyn, I think she'll like it.  It was in the biographies section of the library and I picked it up.  Turns out it is "A Simple Yet Elegant Guide to Her World" meant for younger ladies than myself.

This book uses bits and pieces from Austen's novels to teach young ladies such important skills as:
How to Write a Letter
How to Keep House
How to Marry off Your Daughter
How to Converse With Your Dancing Partner
Okay, I did peruse the book.  I found it quaint, and it's definitely something I would have loved when I was around twelve.  A good read for pre-teens, or not quite young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment