Tuesday, December 22, 2009

13 Things That Don't Make Sense, The Most Baffling Scientific Mysteries of Our Time ~ Michael Brooks

13 Things that Don't Make Sense: The Most Baffling Scientific Mysteries of Our Time (Vintage)
I've just started this, but wanted to post, because it's much more interesting than the title might lead one to believe.  While the subject matter is somewhat heavy Brooks is both funny and gentle.  I have not had one single brain blow out yet and I'm all the way on page 18.  Maybe it is a little early for a judgement call after all.

I am pretty excited, though, by what was already covered.  Brooks has already convinced me that a scientific revolution is impending.  Too many things don't make sense.  Too many theories have too many holes.  Now, scientists have pased beyond denial and are starting to look at the universe differently.  That, in my opinion, is a wonderful thing.

There will be another post, once I've finished reading.  For now, you might want to try this one out, if only to read the one about the Nobel Laureates that couldn't open an elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment